About our company
Our start up rice distribution network is aimed at delivering quality assurance and quality control product to all our customers at affordable rates. Our target is to supply rice to every individual, family, city, state, nation, and cooperate institutions and partnership with local rice farmers within our sphere of contact.
Health, Safety, Environment And Security (HSES):
UMES AGRO VENTURE has a well-documented “Safety programme” and “Corporate Safety Policy Manual” for the execution of contracts. During the mobilization phase of the contract, UMES AGRO VENTURES shall develop this out line and compile a full plan to be used in the implementation of a specific work. Safety plan shall address the following items:
- Personnel Safety and Safety of Equipment.
- Safety checks for items of equipment.
- General enhancement of safety awareness.
- Proposed safety Audits of sites and safety meetings.
- Incidents/Accident reporting, First Aid Facilities.
- General Health and Hygiene Requirement.
- Dedicated Hospital/Clinic to staff.
- Prevention of injury/damage to UMES AGRO VENTURES and third party personnel and equipment/properties
UMES AGRO VENTURES has a retainer ship agreement with a modern clinic where staffs are attended to medically.
HSE Policy Statement:
It is the policy of the company to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and procedures of work for all our employees and to provide as well as propagate such information, training and supervision they need for this purpose. We also accept responsibility for the health and safety of others who may be affected by our operations.
In pursuance of this, the Umes Agro Ventures will;
1. Work on the principle that all accidents are preventable and should be prevented.
2. Keep our employees, clients and other affected persons informed of the hazards associated with our operations.
3. Established and maintain contingency procedure to minimize harm and prevent accident that may occur.
4. Ensure that our operations do not in any way contribute to the degradation of the immediate environment.
5. Ensure that managers, line supervisors and employees are committed to the company’s policy.
6. Umes Agro Ventures will ensure that workman compensation is in place for every employee in the company.